Allergy Season Is Here
Spring is finally here and with it comes the dreaded allergy season. For those who suffer with seasonal allergies in the Spring and Fall here are a few tips to help you through this season.
- Wash your face and hair at night before bed. Pollen that is in the air outside can stick to your skin and hair and it’s important to remove that before snuggling in for the night.
- Wash hands after handling your pets. When we are having seasonal allergies and inflammation the body becomes sensitive to other types of allergen such as pet dander, dust and molds. Also, if pets are outside they could be covered in pollen.
- Change sheets regularly and pillow case daily. Seems like overkill but if your allergies are intense worth investing in a few spare pillow cases.
- Eat local honey. Research shows that small doses of allergens may act as a primer for the immune system. It allows your immune system to recognize the allergen and fight it more effectively. A small amount works well, but do not overdo it.
- Sunglasses can keep pollen out of your eyes when outside for extended periods of time.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals, perfumes, smoke and harmful detergents and cleaners, especially during this time.
- Get plenty of restorative sleep! An excellent way to boost your immune system.
- Get some acupuncture. There are some great points to open you up and stop your itching!